Wednesday, February 20, 2013

DIY Peacock Tray



Here is another project that I made from dollar store trays.  You can check out the other tray that I completed  here and here.  In each of the projects, I started off with a plastic tray like this one below.

 
For this tray I selected stock paper with a peacock print on it, to cover the base of the tray.  I then painted the bottom and sides of the tray with Martha Stewart all purpose craft paint.  I selected a blue that worked with the paper.  Once the paint was dry, and several coats were applied, I used mod podge to adhere the paper. 
 
 
I then sealed everything with mod podge for durability.
 
 
It is a project that you can complete several trays in an afternoon, and completely customise to your taste.  The best part is you can make a tray for under 10 dollars and even less if you have the supplies already on hand.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment