Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hallway Updates

I have recently moved into a new home, that just happens to be built in 1890.  Its is defiantly outdated and in need of a makeover.  I am ready to start on the hallway, which is dark and drab at the moment.  I am just doing a quick update now, but I would eventually like to have a new stair railing and post made.  It was once a duplex, and it must have been removed at that time.
 
 
I want to lighten it up with white walls, and paint the doors high gloss black to show off their detail.  I have a lantern style light that I hope will fit, and I am considering this mirror from Target.
 


 Leading up the stairs......

 
I want to paint a stair runner in grey something like the pic below.
 
 
I also think these painted frames may be a really nice detail to draw your eye up to the keyhole window at the top of the stairs.
 


I think all of these simple changes with make a much brighter and inviting entryway.

No comments:

Post a Comment