Thursday, October 30, 2014

One Room Challenge Linking Event Week 5

 
I was so pumped when my rug arrived, only to be disappointed that it is 11 inches too big!!! Its beautiful, and would have been amazing against the black stair case but its too big.  To say I am disappointed is an understatement!!   Clearly they are not worried about putting exact measurements on their listings. 
 
 
I am shipping it back, and wondering what the heck I am going to do.  I am going to check
 around my area and see what I can find.  I do have a dash and albert black and white runner that would work, not exactly my vision for the room, but could work.
 
Here is my original plan
 
 
Then it evolved to this.
 
 
This is the pattern of the rug I already own, so it could work if nothing else turns up.
 
 
 
  I am working away on the other elements of the room and will share all next week.
 
Check out all the other amazing room designs here..
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see all the pictures next week, Meredith! :) That rug will look great if you decide to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer:( Could you have the rug trimmed to fit perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thought, but they couldn't have it done in time. I found another solution that i am pretty happy with. So all is good.

      Delete